Tuesday, August 10

will I miss her!?

Dear Kaitlyn,
I have been with my girlfriend for over two years now. She is my first love and my first long term relationship. I will always lover her because of this and she will always have a special place in my heart. This is the problem though:
I think I am losing my feelings for her. For a couple months now I just haven't been feeling it. We still have our moments and things but I just don't feel as happy with her as I have before. Things have gotten a lot worse in the past 2 weeks. I get impatient with her and find myself agitated and frustrated. I don't really miss her anymore and I don't care much to even talk to her. I just don;t feel very interested anymore. I find myself unusually attracted to other girls when before I didn't care a bit about other girls. I also have an urge to flirt with other girls and that's not normal for me either. Is this just a phase in the relationship? Am I losing my feelings for her? Should I break up with her before I lose my feelings forever in hopes of getting back with her in the future?

Extra details: I am extremely picky when it comes to girls. I am a very religious Christian so I won't be with a girl if she drinks, smokes, does drugs, or has ever had sex. My girlfriend has all of this and shes extremely beautiful so is it worth the chance of losing her? She is good to me and cares for me deeply so it's not like she's done something wrong to cause this. If you need anymore details just let me know. Thanks!


Dear anonymous, 
First loves are always a big effect on your relationship now, and your relationships in the future! Because you have been with her for so long, you are problem in a mixed feeling. I think what you are feeling is you still honestly feel for her, but your staring to lose it a bit. When in a relationship, after a while your going to feel like you are loosing the feelings you have had since the beginning, because you have had it so long. You probley wonder what it would be like to have a new feeling, but when it comes to loving someone you are going to know it. There is going to be a feeling you just won't ever feel with anyone else. It's a feeling that every time you see her, your going to feel like the luckiest man alive. So if you don't have a REALLY special feeling when you look at her, maybe your loosing the feelings. You probley want to believe it is there, but maybe it is not. I am so sorry. 



Dear Kaitlyn, 
What should I do about this? I'm starting to accept that I'm losing feelings for her but what should I do? Would it be worth taking the chance to break up with her before I lose my feelings forever in hopes of getting back together with her in the future? Or do you think I have lost them for good? I really need some advice on what to do.. I don't want to screw a good thing up.

Dear anonymous,
I think you should honestly keep the relationship, because unless you meet someone who meets your standards and you get the same feeling with, why lose someone you have feelings for. But once you know there is NO feeling at all break it off because you don't want to lead her on because you are not sure. 


Dear Kaitlyn, 
Well... I met a girl at the beach a couple of days ago. She met my standards and I really clicked with her. It's not like there could ever be anything between me and that girl because she lives so far away.. but I did get a great feeling when I was hanging out with her. I don't know what this means or even if it means anything at all.

I'm afraid if I get to the point where there is NO feeling I might not ever get it back.. Is there a possibility that I get my feelings back for her? I don't know if I am already to this point to where I have No feelings anymore or not. I don't know if I have feelings anymore because if I were to break up with her I don't think it would bother me that much.. I would miss her for a while because I am so used to her being in my life almost every day and that's about it. The only reason I would hurt over it is because I hate to see her with a broken heart.

Dear anonymous,
Okay, I am starting to think you want to end the relationship as well. Because you said it wouldn't hurt that you would break up, you would just miss her. I think it's time you let her go. Just let her know " -her name-, you where my first love, I will always have feelings for you. Just lately I feel like I am not as attracted to you. I would love to still have you in my life as a friend. I am sorry but l think its time to end this."

No comments: