Tuesday, August 10

2 years later....

Dear Kaitlyn,
So people tell me that you get over a broken heart in time.
But It has been 2 years since I broke up with my ex boyfriend who I was with for 2 and a half years and I still think about him everyday.

We had a very strong connection and happy relationship.
I broke up with him because he was getting too serious too quickly and I was only young then, I was 17 when he said he wanted to marry me, which scared the absolute hell out of me.
So I ran. I pushed him away because I didn’t know how to deal with us being so serious.
I tore him to pieces and he was so upset. I broke his heart.
When I tried to leave him he wouldn’t take no for an answer, he was determined to stay with me, which just pushed me away more.
He would sit out the front of my house all upset, talking to my mum and beeping his car horn trying to get me to go out there to him, message me every five minutes.
This went on for a good six months.
I did things trying to turn him away from me like kiss other boys. But he didn’t care; he just wanted to be with me.
So as terrible as it sounds, I had to do something that would turn him away from me as he was hurting himself, I could see it in his face.
So I hooked up with his ‘best mate’ who isn’t a very nice person.
And that’s when my phone blew up with messages from his family and friends telling me to stay away from him and I’m a terrible person and I’m not welcome anymore.  
In their eyes, I had left my ex for his mate. Which is not what happened at all. But I understand how It is seen that way.

I didn’t like his friend, I loved my ex still, and as much as it killed me to hurt him I had to help him move on and at the time I knew it was wrong but I felt that was the only way I could get him to let go.
Which he didn’t.
He forgave me.
He still stuck around,
So I stayed with his friend, we dated for a while. I think it was almost 18 months, which killed me. Because he was the worst person and really brought me down.
My ex eventually found another girl and seemed happy.
So I broke up with his friend and was starting to pick myself back up and be happy again. and move on. But still couldnt get the face of my ex out of my mind.

Then the other day…
I found out that my ‘ex’ had broken up with his ‘new’ girlfriend because he didn’t love her…
Coincidently, I saw him on the Friday night and he gave me a warm kiss hello on the cheek. Then that night he texted me and asked how I was and such. He haddnt spoken to me in almost a year.
It felt so good to talk to him again…
He messaged me briefly Saturday night and Sunday night.
It’s now Tuesday.
And I’m conflicted.

I need your help.
What do I do?
I still love him.
He seems less obsessive now, he isn’t texting me uncontrollably, they are short sweet ‘how you going’ messages.
He isn’t jumping straight into questions like ‘let’s hang out!’
Is it possible we could start as friends again?
After all our history and the way I feel now, is it a good idea?
His mum does not want me around, and he has not told her he is talking to me as I know she wouldn’t recommend it. She only knows a one sided story to what I did and does not trust me at all. Understandably. Plus she is in love with his girlfriend he just broke up with. So right now I look like the devil.
But looking at his face on Friday just killed me. I wanted to give him a big hug and tell him how much I missed him.
But I know I can’t do anything. I’m the bad guy.

Could he forgive me?
Could we try again?
Would his family ever let me back in?
Now that my chance has come up to even talk to him again, I don’t want to miss out.
There must be a reason I have never been able to get over him.
What do I do?

Love,
Heartbreaker.



Dear Heartbreaker,
I think there is a huge chance this relationship could work out! I think if you explain what happed the first time, why you didn't think it could work he will understand. He will forgive you I think, if you just explain why it didn't, so he can see from your point of view. Trying again is a amazing idea! I think you haven't been able to give up on him because of the fact that you guys seemed so close! Defintally tell him what happed and you still feel for him. As far as his family, if he lets you back in, they will see that you don't mean any harm, they will see you love each other. After you guys have dated a while, its getting serious, ask his mom to maybe lunch or coffee and explain to her as well why you didn't think it would work the first time. 

I hope it all works out and this helps, 
if it did suggest me to friends, 
Kaitlyn ♥

No comments: