Monday, August 9

Online as someone else

Dear Kaitlyn:
 
I am 19 years old and I've been texting this girl back and forth for the past week now. She gave me her number on myspace. On myspace I've been using my best friend's profile. We switched myspace profiles to talk to each other's friends. Now I remember going through a list of students attending my college, and that's when I saw her profile. I thought she was cute so I sent her a friend request (on my profile). Now I don't look good in pictures so I immediately canceled my friend request; I decided to send her a request on my best friend's profile. Days went by and she accepted. I thanked her for her accepting and that was that. She didn't say anything and neither did I. I didn't think much of it so I decided to not talk to her. One month later she commented one of my best friend's picture. I thanked her and commented one of her's. She then began to talk to me on myspace. Just last week she gave me her number because she said I was funny. We've been getting to know each other and to our surprise we have a lot in common. :) We were both (especially me) surprised just how much we can relate and what not, because after all, we're strangers. We've been saying we should meet but I always say we should wait just a little bit longer. I really want to meet her, get to know her in person, and take her out to a movie but how am I supposed to do this if she doesn't know who I really am? I want to tell her the truth: that I'm not the guy in the pictures. Everything else I've said about me is the truth the only thing I lied to her about was my name and that I'm the guy in the pictures. I did give her my real name but said it was my middle name. It actually is my middle name. She doesn't know my first. I've told her a lot about myself and so has she. She has said she likes my personality and how I can make her laugh. So what should I do? Besides the obvious tell her the truth. What else can I say? How do you think she'll react? How should I go about telling her the truth? I really wish she knew it was me I'd send her a picture of me but I don't look good in pictures. I feel like an asshole. I'd never thought I'd do such a thing to a girl. Thanks in advance.
 
Sincerely,
The lier :(


Dear the liar,
If this girl is as nice as she seems to be to you, I think she does deserve the truth. You can say "I have been telling you the truth about everything but one thing. I am not the guy you see in these pictures, I am on my best friends profile. We switched so we could get to know new people, I saw you went to my college and I didn't want you to see my pictures because I felt that they aren't the best looking. My name is ________ and I would love to get to know you as me. I am sorry for not telling you sooner, it's I really wanted to talk to you!" If she is like me I think hearing you thought she was cute and you wanted to get to know her she will understand. Your not a liar! Don't think that!   

hope it helps,
Kaitlyn

No comments: